The Hills Treatment CenterAlcoholism Quiz
Am I an alcoholic? This is one of the most common question people ask concerning the effects alcohol has on their lives. The Hills Treatment Center has devised The Alcoholism Quiz to bring insight on potential problems with alcohol.Your answers are confidential; we encourage you to answer truthfully.
- Are you frequently late or call out of work because of your drinking?
- Do you blackout from drinking?
- Have your friends stopped inviting you places because of your drinking?
- Do you drink in the morning?
- Do you only like to participate in activities that include drinking?
- Have you been late on rent or bills as a result of your drinking?
- Do you miss appointments or friends and family events because of your drinking?
- Have your goals or ambition diminished since you started drinking?
- Does your daily schedule revolve around your drinking habits?
- Do you "pre-game" or drink prior to going out to a bar or club?
- Do you crave a drink at a certain time during the day?
- Do you drink to escape from problems or worries in your life?
- Do you drink alone?
- Do you hide the amount of alcohol you drink from friends or family?
- Do you have secret stashes of alcohol hidden around your house?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution as a result of your drinking?
- Have your friends or family created distance between you or stopped communicating with you due to your drinking?
- Have your friends or family ever expressed concern that you drink too much?
- Do you do or say things your later regret because of your drinking?
- Have people told you that you turn into a different person when you drink?
- Do you have a hard time stopping or limiting the amount of alcohol you consume once you start?
- Have people told you that you smell like alcohol the day after a night of drinking?
- Have you ever received a DUI or been arrested due to drinking?
- Have you ever become violent or verbally abusive while intoxicated?
- Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a period of time, but only lasted for a couple of days?