Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Substance abuse and drug addiction are rarely “stand alone” problems. In fact, there is usually another issue (mental, emotional, psychological or physical) that an addict is dealing with. Treating an addiction, as well as the cause behind the addiction is known as dual diagnosis treatment. Specifically, this treatment is the practice of treating both the substance abuse issue and any underlying causes.
It’s a well-known fact that addicts often use drugs and alcohol to “self-medicate” themselves. Moreover, this self-medication can be from emotional scars, mental illness, psychological problems, or physical conditions. The drugs and alcohol act as an escape. For example, a way to feel better, or to not feel at all. The problem with self-medicating, is it never solves any of the underlying issues. Los Angeles dual diagnosis treatment is a highly-successful addiction treatment program because it heals the addict as a whole. Furthermore, it deals with the deep-rooted issues that cause addiction, rather than just the addiction itself.
Los Angeles Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Drug or alcohol addiction does not often “come out of nowhere”. If you or a loved one is suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, dual diagnosis treatment centers can help diagnosis any underlying physical issues, emotional problems or mental illnesses. Here are some common scenarios requiring dual-diagnosis treatment:
· A person with a physical condition that causes chronic pain may develop an addiction to prescription pain pills.
· A person who has severe emotional problems may drink to cope with the everyday stresses that they are incapable of handling.
· An individual with an undiagnosed mental illness may use drugs to self-medicate, in attempt to control their symptoms and handle their moods.
· A person dealing with a stressful life situation (divorce, loss of job, death of a loved one) may turn to drugs and alcohol to help them cope.
It is not uncommon for a person to turn to serious drugs before seeking professional help for a mental illness screen. People with physical conditions often begin their addiction with doctor-prescribed medication to manage pain – and end up addicted.
Dual Diagnosis Drug Rehabilitation Center
Seeking help is the most important step you’ll take in recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. A dual diagnosis treatment center can help treat concurring conditions in the following ways:
· A patient will undergo alcohol or drug detox. This is a medically-guided process which helps rid the body of toxins.
· A patient will work one-on-one with medical staff to address mental, emotional and physical issues.
· After a diagnosis has been made, a client will receive appropriate treatment, therapy and medication.
· The patient will also undergo treatment and therapy for their specific addiction.
The purpose of dual diagnosis treatment at an inpatient drug rehab center is for a client to leave with the right tools in place. Moreover, the right treatment will help them manage and heal the underlying causes of their addiction.
Dual Diagnosis: Drug Treatment Los Angeles
Where can you find the best diagnosis drug treatment? Los Angeles’ The Hills Treatment Center offers top-notch, medically-guided dual diagnosis treatment options that allow an addict to heal as a whole. To learn more about Los Angeles dual diagnosis treatment options at The Hills, call us at (866)-323-4665 or visit our website for an informative consultation.